Your mission :
The Operations Manager ensures that operations are performed safely, correctly, on-time, and efficiently. This position reports directly to the General Manager and is responsible for the long-term development and short-term deployment of resources within Operations. The successful Operations Manager is adept at using KPIs to understand exactly how the operations team is performing and using that information to make data-driven decisions to maximize performance.
Duties and responsibilities :
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Overall responsibility for the management of operations personnel, including Production, Shipping, Receiving, Warehouse, Labelling, and Cleaning/Setup.
- In coordination with Industrial Engineering Manager, responsible for the completion and deployment of capital resources.
- Owns Andpak’s Visual Management System, and holds operations teams responsible for maintaining KPIs which accurately reflect the performance of the teams, and in driving continuous improvement to those KPIs.
- Ensure the accuracy and currency of Bills of Material (BOMs), Packaging Specifications (PPSs) and ensure that these are being accurately followed in the execution of production orders.
- Perform long term resource planning, medium term capacity planning, and short-term production planning in response to Voice of the Customer feedback from Sales and Product Management.
- Drive at- or better-than-budget P&L performance.
- Use Lean Management tools to continuously identify and eliminate areas of waste to drive improvements in productivity without sacrificing quality or OTD.
- Drive the Morgan Hill location 5S program, ensuring a safe and well-organized facility for all workers.
- Regularly report to all levels of the organization regarding performance of the operations team and progress against ongoing initiatives.
- Ensure an accurate understanding of inventory levels, and coordinate closely with Procurement to ensure appropriate inventory levels for anticipated production needs
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or equivalent demonstrated proficiency
- Demonstrated proficiency in leading multi-tier production team
- Demonstrated proficiency in Visual Management, 5S, and Lean Manufacturing principles
- Prior experience managing a P&L, and demonstrated understanding of drivers of gross margin.
- Prior experience forecasting material needs and managing inventory
- Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles
- Experience in an Aerospace Manufacturing environment a plus
- Experience in an AS9100 certified facility a plus
- Ability to work in US and travel domestically and overseas
- Ability to travel approximately 25%