Industrial Maintenance Mechanic
Under general supervision, maintains production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment meet quality standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Set-up and operate packaging equipment.
- Perform preventive maintenance requirements on motors, gear boxes, conveyor systems, and production machines by following PM schedules, diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineering specifications.
- Troubleshoot mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic malfunctions on mechanical equipment.
- Repair, re-build and or modify mechanical equipment.
- Ability to read mechanical, electrical and pneumatic drawings.
- Determine change in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Fabricate parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Maintain and anticipate need for equipment, parts, and supplies in inventory.
- Provide mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Must practice good safety habits at all times.
- High school graduate, college education preferred.
- Minimum of five years of experience in the same or associated field.
- Must have technical understanding and job knowledge of equipment maintenance, troubleshooting electrical, pneumatics and mechanics.
- Must pay acute attention to detail.
- Must be able to work in an environment that requires flexibility.
- Good communication skills required.
- Must be able to understand and follow both verbal and written instructions.
- Must be able to work as a creative, flexible, innovative, and effective member of a team.
- Must be punctual with good attendance.
- Must be able to lift up to 30lbs., additional weight with assistance.